Limio allows you to create Discounted offer, which can be used in a cancel/save scenario. For example, the customer could get a 10% discount on their next monthly payment.
Creating a discount offer
Creating a discount offer can be done using our legacy offers or via our new offers v2 feature.
Select Offers in the left-hand side navigation pane:
Press the Create button in the top-right hand corner and select Add Discount.
Once configured, you'll then need to attach it to a campaign - instructions for this can be found here. Scroll down to the section titled: Attaching Offers to Campaigns via a Label
Configuring a discount offer
First set the Discount in % and the term (e.g. yearly).
Then attach the product and rate plan:
You will also need to configure the rate plan field on the offer. See Zuora integration below for more details.
Finally, on the Page Builder, add the Cancel Save Component. See our guide on how to configure the component.
To create a Discount Offer in our Legacy offer setup, create a new Campaign, then select the Campaign and press the (+) sign. Select Add Discount.
If you are using Zuora, you will need to create a 0% Zuora Discount-Percentage (see here). You may:
- Create a generic Zuora Product to use across all Discounts
- Create discount rate plans on different Zuora Products.
1. is quicker to setup but 2. can allow for more granular reporting in Zuora.
Regardless of approach, the setup for a Zuora Discount-Percentage should use a 0% discount percentage. The Billing Period should define the length of the discount (e.g. 1 Month for an annual, 1 Year for an annual subscription).
What about creating discounts that go beyond the term of an offer?
To create a discount which is longer than the term of an offer (for example, a 6 month 50% discount to be applied a monthly subscription), do the following:
- In Zuora, set the Billing Period to the full period (e.g. 6 months)
- In Limio, set the Offer Term matching the original Offer Term (e.g. 1 month):
- Finally, set the discount term to match the full discounted period (e.g. 50% for 6 months):