In order to sell a subscription gift code in Limio, you will need to set up a product and rate plan in Zuora, then understand the data Limio will create as part of the gift purchase and redemption.
1. Set up a product and rate plan in Zuora.
Gift code can either be a one-off (if your gift logic doesn't require the term to be configured) or recurring (if term is relevant). Here are the 2 different ways in Limio and Zuora.
1. One-off (if term doesn't matter): Create a new product and a zero-priced one-off rate plan in Zuora. Then in Limio, create also a one-off charge in Initial Price.
2. Recurring (if you need the term to be specified): Create a new product and a recurring zero-priced rate plan in Zuora. The Billing Period must be configured to setup the term (e.g. Two Years, One Year, 12 Specific Weeks, 6 Months etc...). In Limio, configure a matching Initial Price and use
|⚠️ Limitation: Gift products does not support deal ramps or adding multiple charges in Limio. Doing so is unsupported and may cause issues in the Limio order processing and/or in Zuora.|
2. Configure Zuora to handle the gift purchase
When someone purchase a gift, a subscription doesn't exist yet. It is only created when the gift recipient redeem their gift. By default, for the gift purchase, Limio will create a new Customer Account with a payment method and a Debit Memo in Zuora. You will need to activate Invoice Settlement in your Zuora tenant for this feature.
You will need to configure the Reason Code as 'Gifting' in Zuora and define a revenue schedule for the debit memo.
|⚠️ Alternative processing: Limio can allow for gift to create an Invoice and Subscription instead of a Debit Memo. This is not recommended and best practice, however might be necessary for compliance with local invoicing rules. Please contact your Account Executive if this is required.|
3. Configure Zuora to handle the gift redemption
When the gift recipient redeem their code, Limio will create a new Customer Account with a zero-priced subscription in Zuora. The customer will not have a payment method. The gift code can be provided to Zuora via the Zuora Custom Attributes in Limio Settings > Zuora.
Interested in this feature? Contact your Limio AE or email@example.com to activate it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.