In order to sell a subscription gift code in Limio, you will need to set up a product and rate plan in Zuora, then understand the data Limio will create as part of the gift purchase and redemption.
1. Set up a product and rate plan in Zuora.
Gift code can either be a one-off (if your gift logic doesn't require the term to be configured) or recurring (if term is relevant). Here are the 2 different ways in Limio and Zuora.
1. One-off (if term doesn't matter): Create a new product and a zero-priced one-off rate plan in Zuora. Then in Limio, create also a one-off charge in Initial Price.
2. Recurring (if you need the term to be specified): Create a new product and a recurring zero-priced rate plan in Zuora. The Billing Period must be configured to setup the term (e.g. Two Years, One Year, 12 Specific Weeks, 6 Months etc...). In Limio, configure a matching Initial Price and use
|⚠️ Limitation: Gift products does not support deal ramps or adding multiple charges in Limio. Doing so is unsupported and may cause issues in the Limio order processing and/or in Zuora.|
2. Configure Zuora to handle the gift purchase
When someone purchase a gift, a subscription doesn't exist yet. It is only created when the gift recipient redeem their gift. By default, for the gift purchase, Limio will create a new Customer Account with a payment method and a Debit Memo in Zuora. You will need to activate Invoice Settlement in your Zuora tenant for this feature.
|⚠️ Alternative processing: Limio can allow for gift to create an Invoice and Subscription instead of a Debit Memo. This is not recommended and best practice, however might be necessary for compliance with local invoicing rules. Please contact your Account Executive if this is required.|
3. Configure Zuora to handle the gift redemption
When the gift recipient redeem their code, Limio will create a new Customer Account with a zero-priced subscription in Zuora. The customer will not have a payment method. The gift code can be provided to Zuora via the Zuora Custom Attributes in Limio Settings > Zuora.
Interested in this feature? Contact your Limio AE or firstname.lastname@example.org to activate it.