An offer defines how a product will be sold to the customer. It will include the price but also presentational and marketing information. Offers are powerful ways to sell any kind of physical or digital product, whether by subscription or as a one-time transaction. Here is how to configure your offers in Limio.
Offer Tabs: Each offer will have the following tabs: attributes, products, attachments and associations.
Some of the key fields to configure are:
- Display Name: how the Offer will be displayed to the customer on the Limio Shop; also visible on Checkout.
- CTA: the CTA displayed to the customer on the Limio Shop.
- Offer Features: the list of features displayed to the customer on the Limio Shop.
- Display Price: the price displayed to the customer on the Limio Shop.
- Detailed Display Price: the fine print of the price displayed to the customer on the Limio Shop.
- Payment Types: the payment methods available for an offer and displayed to the customer on the Limio Shop Checkout, e.g. Credit Card, Direct Debit, Apple Pay/Google Pay, PayPal (only available for one-off products).
- Initial Price: Within Limio Initial Price field, we can overwrite prices for a certain amount of time (e.g. we can set one price for the first month then another price for the next 2 months, etc) but once that’s all run out and we have Auto Renew field turned on then it will renew on the Zuora Rate Plan.
- Renewal Price: this is the Zuora Rate Plan. As you know, In Zuora, a rate plan is the different rates at which a product can be sold. So the renewal price in Limio is in fact the Zuora rate plan. N.B. You have the power to overwrite prices for a certain amount of time through the Initial price field above.
- Description: Optional, used for the 'Learn More' part of the offer component.
- Group: Optional, used if you'd like to bucket offers together on the offer component.
How the Offer is set up in Limio
How it's displayed on the Limio Shop
Reminder: Custom fields can be added via Config > Templates (see Admin Guide: How to work with Templates)
A product is what marketers intend to sell, the raw material, itt can be a physical product or a service. It is then used either for one-off or subscription offers. It has its own set of Attributes based on the Product’s Template. Each product will have a unique product code that gets passed to Zuora. To learn more about how to config Zuora product codes in Limio check our article here.
Attached products: the physical product, digital service or entitlements that the customer is purchasing with their subscription. If any product has 'Has Delivery?' set to True, the Limio Shop Checkout will ask for a delivery address;
Attached product groups: provide customers with the option to choose specific items within their subscription.
Here you can add any images to display on the offer (see How do I add images to my offers?).
Here you can add any link you want to create between offers (e.g. rescue, upsell, cross-sells).
This guide is meant to quickly show you how to configure your offers - for more tips on offers and to learn more about enhanced features visit our Offers User Guide section.