Limio provides a generic analytics tracking solution that can be integrated with your analytics/tracking provider.
The solution described here is particularly useful for Campaign attribution, where you need precise and accurate order numbers to communicate internally or to partners (for example, if you are running a promotional campaign with British Airways and need to report on your order volume from a specific campaign). With this solution, Limio will make sure to carry URL parameters such as UTM and custom parameters all the way to the Limio Order.
Given that reporting will typically happen in other systems such as, Zuora and Salesforce, the solution provides native integration into those Zuora (and Salesforce via Zuora Z360). The solution also works with real-time webhooks, so Limio Order data can be distributed to the relevant analytics system where campaign attribution is being calculated.
There is a separate analytics solution to collect user events via a data layer object that can feed into a Tag Manager (such as Google Tag Manager), and be subsequently passed on to platforms such as Google Analytics or Snowplow. Read more about it here: How to Configure your Analytics Data Layer in Limio .
UTM Parameters, LTM Custom Parameters, and LMO Parameter
You can configure 3 types of parameters:
- standard UTM, customisable via the referrer (e.g. a Google Ad)
- custom parameters (LTM), customisable on the Limio Offer. These will appear in the URL after the user has clicked on a Limio Offer being displayed by a Limio Component such as Offer Cards. LTM (Limio Tracking Module) parameters are any attribute starting with "ltm_" and can be configured to have any offer-specific value. After these parameters are added to the URL, they will appear on the registration/log-in page (if applicable) as well as the checkout and order-complete pages.
- LMO parameter, which is not customisable. The lmo_offer parameter is Limio specific and will always contain the offer path (e.g. lmo_offer=/offer2/test-offer).
All of these parameters can be read from the URL and forwarded to:
- Zuora via Limio's native integration and custom parameters (see below)
- Salesforce via Zuora Z360 (purchased separately with Zuora)
- Any systems via Limio real-time webhooks
See a summary view of how this feature can be used to track different campaigns and push the data into Salesforce and Zuora:
For help configuring attributes on Limio Offer that can carry LTM parameters, view this article: How to work with Templates and Custom Attributes.
It is possible to use these ltm_, lmo_ or utm_ to populate additional information from Limio to Zuora by the use of Zuora custom fields. You can then get those passed to Salesforce via Zuora Z360. Read more on our guide on how to populate custom fields in Zuora.