Limio provides a generic analytics tracking solution that can be integrated with your analytics/tracking provider.
The solution described here is particularly useful for Campaign attribution, where you need precise and accurate order numbers to communicate internally or to partners (for example, if you are running a promotional campaign with British Airways and need to report on your order volume from a specific campaign). With this solution, Limio will make sure to carry URL parameters such as UTM and custom parameters all the way to the Limio Order.
Given that reporting will typically happen in other systems such as, Zuora and Salesforce, the solution provides native integration into those Zuora (and Salesforce via Zuora Z360). The solution also works with real-time webhooks, so Limio Order data can be distributed to the relevant analytics system where campaign attribution is being calculated.
There is a separate analytics solution to collect user events via a data layer object that can feed into a Tag Manager (such as Google Tag Manager), and be subsequently passed on to platforms such as Google Analytics or Snowplow. Read more about it here: How to Configure your Analytics Data Layer in Limio .
UTM Parameters, LTM Custom Parameters, and LMO Parameter
You can configure 3 types of parameters:
- standard UTM, customisable via the referrer (e.g. a Google Ad)
- custom parameters (LTM), customisable on the Limio Offer. These will appear in the URL after the user has clicked on a Limio Offer being displayed by a Limio Component such as Offer Cards. LTM (Limio Tracking Module) parameters are any attribute starting with "ltm_" and can be configured to have any offer-specific value. After these parameters are added to the URL, they will appear on the registration/log-in page (if applicable) as well as the checkout and order-complete pages.
- LMO parameter, which is not customisable. The lmo_offer parameter is Limio specific and will always contain the offer path (e.g. lmo_offer=/offer2/test-offer).
All of these parameters can be read from the URL and forwarded to:
- Zuora via Limio's native integration and custom parameters (see below)
- Salesforce via Zuora Z360 (purchased separately with Zuora)
- Any systems via Limio real-time webhooks
See a summary view of how this feature can be used to track different campaigns and push the data into Salesforce and Zuora:
For help configuring attributes on Limio Offer that can carry LTM parameters, view this article: How to work with Templates and Custom Attributes.
Any custom parameters configured on the Limio Offer that have custom fields with the same name in Zuora will be forwarded to Zuora when the customer submits an order. The values of these attributes will be stored on the Zuora Subscription object.
- I create an attribute called ltm_content_group with a value of "Seasonal" on a Limio Offer
- I create a corresponding Subscription custom field in Zuora called ltm_content_group__c (https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/Central_Platform/Manage_Custom_Fields)
- When user submits the order, the resulting Zuora Subscription has a custom field with a value of "Seasonal"
- I can then report in Zuora campaign attribution, or use Zuora Z360 to pass the information into Salesforce, or use a Zuora workflow to forward this tracking data to another analytics provider.
Please sign in to leave a comment.