Routing Based on Offer Label
It is possible to route a logged-in user to a specific page or campaign based on an offer that they are currently subscribed to.
This feature allows you to define:
- The switch (upgrade and downgrade) journey, defining exactly who can access certain switch offers based on the existing product, term or offer they have.
- The cancel (and cancel/save) journey, defining exactly who can access a certain discount offers based on their existing product, term or offer they have.
This feature is particularly relevant to the Switch and Cancel/Save user experiences. You can learn more about personalised switch and cancel/save experiences:
- How to create a personalised switch experience with Switch Offers
- How to create a personalised cancel/save experience with Discounts or Switch Offers
1. Switch (upgrade/downgrade) example
1.1. Only allow switch from Annual offers to Monthly offers
In the example below, we can see how this might work for a journey where all logged-in users that have an active subscription having purchased an offer with the label "Annual". Here the user would be routed to the switch campaign. The Switch campaign would for example only include Monthly offers.
1.2. Only allow switch from Print + Digital offers to Monthly offers
Let's give another practical example of this feature in action. Say an offer for a digital + print bundle subscription is created with the label "Bundle". A subscriber, Bella, purchases that offer and a subscription is created along with a subscription offer which will record the label "Bundle".
When Bella comes to switch her subscription by clicking the switch subscription button on the My Account page, she can be routed to the desired switch campaign, e.g. a Switch Campaign which allows to switch to a Print, a Print + Digital and a Digital offer within the same product.
2.1 Cancel/save example
Say that two Digital + Print offers have the following labels:
- Digital + Print Monthly => digital-print-monthly
- Digital + Print Annual => digital-print-annual
A cancel/save journey could have as conditions:
- If Subscription Offer Label = digital-print-monthly, go to a Cancel/Save Campaign to offer 50% off for 6 months.
- If Subscription Offer Label = digital-print-annual, go to a Cancel/Save Campaign to offer 25% off for 1 year.
- What if my business rules change and I need to change the offer labels on Offers for existing subscribers? The label that will be used to match with the journey condition is the offer label that can be found on the active Subscription Offer (in Limio > Subscriptions > Subscription Offers). If you need to make changes, you have to options: A. Change the Journey's outcome using the existing current offer labels, B. Change the offer labels on the current subscriptions. A is recommended. If you decide to use B, it's important to understand that:
- Limio will not look at the offer label on the Limio Catalog Offer for existing subscribers. Changing the offer label on the Limio Catalog Offer will only alter the experience for future subscribers.
- If you need to update the Offer Label of a specific (or multiple) Subscription Offers, you will need to use the Limio API or contact email@example.com to do a bulk operation.
- If a subscriber switches to another offer, the journey conditions may need to be created for the label of the switch offer.
- This doesn't apply to cancel/save discount (10% off for 3 months) offers.
- The user must be authenticated within the Limio shop.
- The condition only works for active subscriptions, but not cancelled subscriptions.