Limio Journeys are the Limio technology that allows you to deliver dynamic experiences to your customers, such as geographic routing, A/B testing, or segmentation.
What is the technology behind Limio Journey?
Limio is a 'static site generator', which means every time you save a Campaign or Page in Limio, we immediately build a web page for it and store it on our server. At that point, it's online but cannot be accessed before it is published with a URL. It's like a car that's been built, but it's still in the factory.
When you publish the Campaign or Page with the URL, we serve this web page through our Content Delivery Network (CDN) and everyone on the web can then see it through its URL. Now the car is in the showroom and everyone can buy it.
Limio Journey works as a redirect based on a set of conditions. To take a practical example, say you arrive at a car showroom and starts speaking English. The assistant might 'redirect' you to the English-speaking assistant. Or if you speak French, you might get 'redirected' to the French-speaking assistant.
Limio Journey works the same, but with URL. You set a starting point, say /showroom. You will then be automatically redirected to /en/showroom or /fr/showroom, based on your location (UK or France).
What can I use Limio Journey for?
There are six core use cases for Limio Journeys:
- Geographical routing, so that a UK customer sees UK offers.
- A/B testing, so that different campaigns are shown to the same customers at random.
- Segmentation, so that customers are shown specific campaigns based on who they are.
- Devices, so that customers on different devices are shown specific campaigns eg. a mobile user gets a mobile-specific campaign.
- Query, so that customers with a specific query string are shown the specified campaign.
- Subscription Status
Setting up your first Journey
To begin with, you will need at least one Campaign, but generally, you would expect to have multiple. For this guide, we will be taking a customer from the default page to a UK specific campaign.
Step 1/5 - locate the 'Journey' tab in the 'Catalog' menu
Step 2/5 - click '+' button next to 'Journeys' to create a new Journey.
Step 3/5 - Limio will automatically create the page below. In order to begin your Journey, click on the link or pencil below 'Starting Point'.
A pop-up menu will appear that will ask you to provide the starting point. Remember, the starting point is just a URL that will then redirect people based on the conditions you will define in Step 5.
Step 4/5 (Optional) - Optionally, you can provide also fallback tag and a domain.
- Fallback tag: If we fail to find a matching conditions for the customer, we will use the fallback tag you define. This can be a campaign, page, or another journey. Fear not, if nothing is defined, we will go to /default, which is usually the homepage of your site.
- Domain: If you use multi-shop, you can define the domain to which the journey applies.
Step 5/5 - Now that we have defined the starting point and the fallback URLs, the next step is to chose the conditions and destinations where you want the customer to end up. This will depend on the type of journey you are creating, so read:
There are few important things to note with Limio Journeys:
- Whilst you have defined your final destination URL, the display URL that the user will see in their browser will still be the Starting Point URL as this measure is put in place to prevent consumers from force changing URLs and get deals that they are ineligible for.
- Once you press Save, the journey is live. If you are not ready for it to be live, put a dummy starting point such as /placeholder25012021. Once you are ready for the Limio Journey to go live, change the dummy starting point to the real starting point.
- Getting lost? You can see the Campaign underpinning a destination by clicking 'Show campaign details' below the Tag. You can also see the Journeys that are using a Campaign by going to Campaigns and selecting the Journey tab.
Read more about specific conditions:
- Create a Journey based on the customer location
- Create a Journey based on Limio Segments
- Create a Journey based on devices
- Create a Journey based on Query String
- Create a Journey based on Subscription Status
- Create a Journey based on a A/B Test
If you have any further questions then feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please sign in to leave a comment.