As a subscription business, you might sell multiple subscription products and want to allow to buy multiple in one-go. This is where the Limio basket (or cart for our 🇺🇸 friends) comes in!
The basket or cart always exists in Limio, but it will generally be hidden from view on most Campaigns and Pages. Whether it's hidden or not, the basket is visible on the checkout.initiated event and you can retrieve them via APIs (see Abandon basket API docs). The basket will typically be visible on the checkout - though again, that's configurable.
This help desk article is about how to display the basket to your customers. This can be achieved in multiple ways.
Show a basket on your Campaigns
Select your campaign and go to the Pages tab where you will see the Page Builder with the customisable drag and drop components on the right.
The header component has an option to enable a basket icon, with a popover within the header. To get this activated, there are a few steps to take:
- Step 1 - Add a Navigation Header component (if you don't have one already)
- Step 2 - To enable the clickable basket icon, click on the Navigation Header component and activate the attribute labelled Show basket icon?. This will make the basket icon appear.
- Step 3 - To update the colour of the basket icon & buttons inside the popover, use the field labelled Basket icon colour.
Optional: Make the customer go straight to checkout or stay on a campaign when adding an offer to the basket
To set the behaviour you would like the shop to have when an item is added to the basket, you will need to go into the Campaign Attributes tab and change the Attribute called Go straight to checkout:
- If set to true, when the customer adds an offer to the basket, the end customer will go immediately to the checkout link.
- If set to false, when the customer adds an offer to the basket, it will be added to the basket and the header popover will show the new offer that has been added. End customers will then be able to reach the checkout through a button displayed in the popover.
|⚠️ Important consideration: If you set the Go straight to checkout attribute to true, the basket will automatically 'wipe' the basket. This will mean that only one offer will be in the basket.|
Show a standalone basket
Limio allows you to display a standalone basket. This could be used in conjunction with the Campaign basket or without. For example, adding an offer on a Campaign can trigger to immediately go to the Basket page.
|⚠️ Important consideration: If you wish to automatically direct customers to the standalone basket, you must configure the 'Checkout Link' on the individual Offer to point to your standalone basket (e.g. Checkout configuration > External > /basket).|
To create a standalone basket, (1) go to Pages, (2) create a new Page, (3) and drag & drop the basket component. This will come pre-populated with labels which you can modified. Pay special attention to the Checkout URL properties which will determine where the end customer will go to checkout after viewing the basket.
Limio for Zuora:
- If your offer is configured to use the Limio Price, the Total visible on the standalone basket will be calculated directly by taking the Quantity X Limio Price.
Show a basket in the Checkout
By default, a basket is always visible on the checkout. This is because customers will always want to see what they are going to pay for and it is often a legal requirement for the purchase to be binding.
By default the basket will show:
- The Offer Display Name
- The Offer Display Price
- The Offer Detailed Display Price
- An offer image (the image defined in Attachment on the Offer)
- The quantity (if Allow Multibuy is set to true)
- The Total
- The Total will either be calculated with the Limio Price or be calculated via a Zuora Preview. Learn more on Using External Price in Limio.
Limio allows configuration of the basket, such as:
- Having a different design for mobile (Bring mobile basket to top?)
- Prevent customers from being able to modify their basket in the checkout (Disable remove from basket?)
- Show the country the customer is based or has selected (Show basket shopping region?)
- Make the basket on a desktop view float and follow the customer as they scroll down (Enable floating basket?)
- Display to the customer the initial term of the subscription (Show initial term?)
- Hide the Total amount on the checkout (Hide totals?)
Tip: If you wish to not display certain element of the basket, you can use the Styling editor and edit the CSS to use the display CSS property.
|Limio for Zuora: A multi-basket will create 1 Order in Zuora and 1 Subscription per Product purchased. The subscriber can then independently manage their subscription for each product within the Limio Self-Service.|