Connecting your Stripe Account
In Limio, go to the Profile icon at the top right corner and then > Developers > External Keys. Click on 'Connect with Stripe' to connect your Stripe account to your Limio account.
There are two important fields that you need to configure in Limio:
- Limio Product maps directly to Stripe Products. Only one Limio Product can be associated to a Limio Offer, as Stripe does not to input multiple products on one plan. The name of the Limio Product will be the name of the Stripe Product.
- Limio Offer Display Name maps directly to Stripe Pricing Plans. The Display Name of the Limio offer will be the nickname of the Stripe Plan.
Limio Price Editor
Limio allows for any pricing, however Stripe Billing only supports a limited set of pricing. Here are the Limio values that are supported out-of-the-box for our Stripe Billing integration.
- Currency: All
- Periodicity: Days, Weeks, Months, Years
- Type of Charges: Recurring and One-Time
- Charge Trigger: Start of Subscription (ASAP to Last Day), Order Date, Delayed (Days, Weeks, Months, Years)
- Number of charges: You can add up to two charges, which must be a one-off and an open-ended (∞) recurring charge.
In practice, below is the list of pricing that you can create in Limio and that will be created in Stripe.
- A one-off charge will create a one-off invoice and payment in Stripe
- A recurring charge with an ASAP start date will create a subscription starting immediately in Stripe:
- A recurring charge with a delay - e.g. a free trial - will create a subscription with a free trial in Stripe
To support other subscription charges or other pricing, please contact email@example.com.
At the time of order, Limio will collect customer information on the Checkout and automatically populate the following fields in Stripe:
- Stripe Customer: Name, Billing details, Shipping details, Email, Phone, Limio ID
Limio cut-off* (only available on-demand)
Subscription boxes are often batch shipped, and so may require a cut-off date in order to avoid having boxes shipped too close together. If an order is taken after this cut-off date, the recurring plan will start the month after this cut-off date.
For example if:
- Subscription start date is the 1st of the month.
- Cut-off date is the 10th of the month
- Order date is 5th August
- A box is immediately shipped on the 5th of August. The next box will be shipped on the 1st of September, because it is before the cut-off date of the 10th.
- Order date is 15th August
- A box is shipped on the 15th August. However, the next box will be shipped on the 1st of October as it is past the cut-off date of the 10th.
To create this in Limio, you must create a one-off charge and a recurring charge starting on a specific day of the month, then define a cutoff date. See example below:
If your business has this logic, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to activate this feature.